The main difference between white hat and black hat SEO is that with white hat you are playing by the rules and with black hat you are deliberately disobeying them.
A few examples of techniques
Black hat SEO
Here are a few common techniques:
- Automated Link Building. There’s a bunch of software out there that will post low quality links to your site all over the web
- Stuffing of Keywords. Involves unnecessary keyword repetition for the sake of attaining high keyword repetition/ density
- Invincible or Unseen Text. Example: putting keywords in white colored font on a white colored background so that search engines can read… but not users
- Doorway Pages. A fraud page that users can’t see
A few common techniques:
- Optimize your website according to Google’s SEO guide
- Create lots of high quality content
- Social media
Contact your local SEO company today for more info.