Ten Things NOT To Do When Engaging In SEO
1. Buy links in bulk. The deals you see online to buy 100 links for a $10, pagerank 6 links for $8, etc. are surefire ways to get your site in trouble.
2. Acquire links that all have your target keyword as the anchor text
3. Neglect a social media strategy
4. Have a really attractive site full of flash/ images with little to no text
5. Acquire all of your links from the same source
6. Never update your site
7. Rely on SEO as your sole method of driving traffic
8. Have duplicate site content
9. Acquire standalone links from completely irrelevant sites
10. Be impatient. Take shortcuts. Rather than slowly build up your site’s authority, insist on immediate results.